Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8

I had given up on these tulips last year (you can see the stalks where I cut off the dying stems) but I always put off throwing them out, or at least cleaning off the bulbs and storing them somewhere. Conveniently, they started sprouting last week!

Also, I got in trouble today. I actually managed to shoot two pictures that I really liked to be my "Day 8 picture"! I ended up deciding on the tulip one for today's shot, but the orange with the snowflake of joy (also below) was a close second!

Ich hatte diese Tulpen eigentlich schon fast aufgegeben. Man kann noch gut sehen wo ich die getrockneten Tulpenstengel abgeschnitten habe. Aber irgendwie habe ich es nie geschafft, den Topf entweder zu entsorgen, oder zumindest die Tulpenzwiebeln auszugraben und irgendwo zu verräumen. Überraschenderweise haben die Zwiebeln dann letzte Woche zu sprießen angefangen!

Übrigens hatte ich es heute auch sehr schwer, ein Foto für den Tag auszuwählen. Mir hat das Foto mit der Orange und der silbernen "Joy" (Freude, Glück) Schneeflocke nämlich auch sehr gut gefallen!



Day 8 - Jan 8th - Good things come to those who wait =)



An Orange of Joy?


No comments: