Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yellow Roses

When my parents came to visit in May for Julia's Graduatioin, my Mom got me some beautiful yellow roses for the bookshelf. They lasted pretty long, but the petals started drying out last week. I was about to throw the bouquet out, when I noticed that there are a bunch of new leaves growing out of the rose stalks!

I'm not quite sure what to do with them, but for now, I watered them again... :)

The first pictures shows the roses in full bloom, and the second picture shows the dried out petals and the new leaves. The new leaves are mainly growing inside the vase.

Meine Eltern kamen im Mai zu Besuch für Julia's Abschluss. Meine Mutter hatte mir wunderschöne gelbe Rosen für meine Wohnung gekauft. Die Schnittblumen haben erstaunlich lange gehalten, aber letzte Woche habe ich dann doch beschlossen sie rauszuwerfen, weil die Blütenblätter getrocknet sind. Als ich mir die Blumen jedoch genau angeschaut habe, ist mir aufgefallen dass ganz viele neue Blätter sprießen!

Ich bin nicht ganz sicher was ich damit anfangen soll, aber es tut mir um die neuen Blätter leid. Also hab ich ihnen erst mal frisches Wasser gegeben... :)

Im ersten Bild blühen die Rosen, und im zweiten Bild sind die Blütenblätter vertrocknet, aber die neuen Blätter sprießen (hauptsächlich in der Vase).







No comments: